About Blinkist’s product and TATAM’s campaign
Blinkist is the perfect app for curious people who love to learn, busy people who don’t have time to read, and even people who aren’t into reading. With over 5,500 nonﬁction books, Blinkist has the most comprehensive library of its kind and focuses on sharing the key ideas from nonﬁction bestsellers, both books and podcasts, in under 15 minutes.
TATAM has been successfully managing Blinkist’s inﬂuencer campaign since 2019, starting within the US market with the focus set on bringing new leads and subscriptions. We then expanded the campaign to Germany in 2021, after Blinkist decided to take their investments to more markets, continuing to trust TATAM on their knowledge and experience there.
2022’s challenges, new strategies & tools
During 2022, the main focus and challenge for US and Germany both markets became to maintain proﬁtability in a context where Blinkist was already hitting 23 million subscribers worldwide. The question for TATAM was: how do we keep bringing new subscribers and maintaining proﬁtability when we’ve achieved so much and the product is already so known?
The answer was to stop looking for more and more new places to ﬁnd subscribers as we tried to maintain the performance, and go back straight to Blinkist’s core.
1) First we adjusted the inﬂuencers' talking points storytelling, which was highlighting Blinkist’s features and how they could make your life easier by allowing you to save time and money while learning new things faster than ever. Instead, we went back to Blinkist’s purpose: to empower people to grow personally and professionally by discovering content that inspires, motivates and gives them new perspectives.
This way, we resurfaced the product’s reason why and only chose inﬂuencers who we believed to be a great ﬁt only among Blinkist’s main verticals, what we knew it always worked: Education, Knowledge, Science, Self-Improvement and Minimalism.
2) On top of this, Blinkist was also able to run ads on their own with the contents we created from the inﬂuencers’ campaign in their personal social media channels.
3) Finally, the focus on features is being put on new products like Blinkist Connect, which has the purpose of exchanging book summaries and powerful ideas, allowing the user to share their premium plan with any partner for free. With TATAM’s years of knowledge on the campaign and its inﬂuencers, we decided that the best strategy was to work with our already known creators from the main verticals mentioned above and targeting the obvious verticals (Students, Family, Couples) by inviting them to promote the feature with their possible Blinkist Connect partners: their friends, families and couples.
Last but not least, for a better understanding of all of these years of running Blinkist’s campaign, in 2022 TATAM built a campaign dashboard (Blinkist’s CampaignHQ) for better tracking, visibility, transparency and open data, with the goal of achieving faster decision making for a campaign that has built years of very rich information. We’ve submitted our Tatam Tools project under the App Growth Innovation Award.
Blinkist’s x TATAM campaign’s overall
- 2 markets, US & DE.
- US & DE running 45 and 21 months of on-going campaigns respectively up to date.
- Over 1,000 inﬂuencers participated in the campaign all time & 273 from 2022 to date, with 93 verticals tested between both markets.
- Both markets adding up to 1,839 videos all time & 486 from 2022 to date.
- 435M video views all time & 49M from 2022 to date, added up between both markets.
- Focusing on Blinkist’s proﬁtability, US & DE markets together have brought thousands of subscribers and 7-ﬁgures proceeds to date, surpassing the campaign’s ROI goal by 6 points for the overall campaign.
- 486 total trees planted between US & DE with the Tatam Reforestation Project. TATAM partnered up with the Eden Projects and started the TATAM Reforestation Program in January 2022, planting 1 tree every time 1 one of our videos goes live. The program is currently running for all of our 2022’s campaigns and so far we’ve planted a total of 3,049 trees this year to date and we believe you should always try to leave a positive mark in the world, no matter how small.